What to Expect
Hints and Tips for a Successful Newborn Session
1. Please give me a call as soon as possible after birth. Newborn sessions are best in the first 12 days of life. I will need as much notice as possible to get you on the calendar as quickly as possible after birth.
2. Choose a time when baby is the sleepiest. I find that mornings work best but if you feel your baby sleeps better in the afternoon just let me know!
3. All sessions will take place in my home studio. If the weather permits there is a beautiful location a short walk away for some family shots! The studio will be 85 degrees for your little ones comfort. Please dress appropriately!
4. A newborn session on average takes up to three hours to complete. We will work on Babies schedule and ensure baby is happy and taken care of in-between shots!
5. If you plan on incorporating family members into the session please let me know ahead of time so I can be prepared! The family shots usually take place first. If you have younger children I suggest your husband take them after the family shots and comes back when we finish. It is hard for baby to sleep with little ones around.
6. Be prepared to feed baby on demand. This helps the baby reach that deep sleep perfect for posing! If you are nursing you are welcome to nurse in the studio (there is a curtain for privacy) If you are using formula please bring plenty with you! I suggest you plan to feed baby upon arrival at the studio. This helps put baby to sleep so we can get started!
7. If your baby takes a pacifier, please bring it with you!
8. If there is anything you would like to incorporate into the pictures please let me know ahead of time. Also let me know if there is a certain color or colors you would like for your little one!
9. If you have ANY questions please let me know!